2.07.2016

writing prompt / 005



005. Write about a song and the memories or feelings it evokes in you.

That song "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran. It came out the summer I met you. I remember listening to it and wondering about you. I wondered about you a lot from that July to January, when we hung out, just you and me, for the first time. We were on the way home, scanning the radio in your car. That song came on and we backed the radio up and you had to listen to me sing along as you drummed your fingers on your knee. We stopped at a stop sign after the chorus and you became very verbally aware of the presence of stars in the sky for the rest of the night.
Then four months later at prom, how it felt to have my hands around your neck and be in your arms and the look on your face and the words in your eyes. Once again, you had to listen to me sing along to that song, but this time we were closer and you sang along too. And the end of the song, the feeling of you not wanting to pull away.
The next day in the car, my hand in yours, the ride that went unfortunately too fast. At the stoplight, as it turned green, catching a few lines and turning the radio up. Just the mutual knowledge and your smile.
It evokes feelings of you. The feelings of happiness and wonder. The feeling of never forgetting, knowing it would be impossible to. 4/28/15

3 comments:

  1. Hello Haley Jane. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am glad to stop by your blog post and it is very interesting to note your feelings that are expressed through the song. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India and I love getting connected with the people of God around the world to be encouraged, strengthen and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 36 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am srue you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. Also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered New year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the feels. this made my heart full of happy.

    ReplyDelete